Landmark Capital’s CEO David Fischer joins Joe Messina on The Real Side. When Steve Mnuchin announced that the trade war would be put on hold, the markets evened out and the roller coaster calmed down. Gas prices have been rising recently, with crude oil alone going up 16% in 3 months. The dollar index is at 94; David says this good and bad, as the dollar is working off the oil prices. Our debt is continuing to grow at a rate that will put us in a recession very soon if not reformed.
Oil prices continue to rise as well as the dollar.
To listen to the full episode click here.
Show notes –
– The market had a couple positive days after Steve Mnuchin’s comment, but it bounced back quickly.
– China lifted a tariff on soybeans which was great for farmers and the market.
– Last quarter the economy grew by 2.3% and unemployment hit 3%
– New York is getting 5 dollars a gallon gas!
– There may be a chance in the 3rd quarter that the dollar and oil will come down.