David Fischer, CEO of Landmark Capital joins The Kevin McCullough show for a mid week update from the last Money Monday. Earnings season is here, corporations are revealing what they have earned, and investors are watching intently. Kevin asks David what the 10 year yield is and why it is important. Uncertainty plays a huge roll in deciding the rise and fall of indexes and now with the earnings out, investors are becoming very skittish and its causing a fall in points within the market.
Investors worried about their 10 year yield mark
If you would like to listen to the full episode, click here.
Show Notes –
– Investors have not been liking the numbers recently that have been exposed in this earnings season.
– The 10 year yield could move over 3% and that would guarantee a recession.
– Caterpillar’s CFO came out on CNBC and said that this is the, “Peak Earnings.”
– The DOW closed 600 points down sitting at 24,024 on 4/24.
– The maximum amount of time holding a treasury is 30 years. The Treasury Secretary attempted to increase it to 50 but failed.
– The 2 year Treasury hold is moving faster then a 10 year hold. This means that the market is incredibly unstable.